Do you get attacked or disliked for decisions you make? Does the criticism leveled against you cause you to give up and quit? Or do you Stand strong and weather those tests as they shape your character like a Rock?
I love this picture of Half Dome overlooking the Yosemite Valley in California. Several years ago a group of us, including my wife, son and father, hiked to the top….WOW…..what a tremendously excruciating journey, but the View from the Top was Priceless!
Today someone contacted me and asked if I had read a magazine article recently that was criticizing me. I told him that I hadn’t read the article, nor was I surprised. Many people have criticized me publicly and privately, and will continue to do this, just as the rain, wind, snow and erosion cuts away at Half Dome. Life is tough, PERIOD! I will continue to stand strong on the principles that have formed my foundation by deciding to stand as a ROCK. What about you?
Many people want me to counter this criticism. But I choose to follow this from Proverbs 9:8:
Do not correct a scoffer, lest he hate you; Rebuke a wise man, and he will love you.
My choice is to encourage and inspire, while following the wisdom of The Creator of All things. Proverbs 9:9-10:
Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be still wiser; Teach a just man, and he will increase in learning. “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.”
Here are 7 keys to helping me to Stand on a Rock Foundation and the Peace of Mind that passes all understanding.
- Examine – What are your Motives and those who seek to harm you? This is where the rubber meets the road.
- Read – One chapter of the Book of Proverbs each day, followed by other bible study and books that encourage and strengthen your mind.
- Associate – Choose wisely who you associate with, you can’t soar with the Eagles if you are hanging out with Turkeys.
- Watch – Be aware of your thoughts and don’t allow yourself to become negative, submit your thoughts to The Lord.
- Listen – Before speaking be swift to hear. If you don’t know what to say, don’t say anything, but listen.
- Exercise – Physical conditioning and a good diet will strengthen your body and mind. This is a must.
- Restore – Make sure you are getting rest and taking refuge in quiet time. Accessing and reevaluating each day.
My best encouragement to you in this New Year, Make a Call – DECIDE TO STAND!
Suggested Bible Verses
Matthew 7:24-27, The Book of Proverbs, Philippians 1:17